Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pain, Pain, Go Away...

So, what is a person to do when the pain they have is so excruciating it makes one scream and cry? I have been going through this since last Thursday when I drove for the first time and I accepted that it was probably due to using muscles I haven't used before and the doctors office confirmed that on Friday (hubby drove that day). Saturday, I drove the oldest to get her hair trimmed for school (about 2 miles). By the time I got hom, I was in bed for the remainder of the day and exhausted. Sunday, I stayed in bed.

Monday, things seemed to ease up a bit. Tuesday morning I woke up feeling fine, but then early afternoon I felt pain each time I sat down, took a breath in, laid down. I took my pain meds (1) and laid on the heating pad with no relief. I was back in bed right after dinner and took more pain meds, in less than an hour I doubled up on the pain meds (I am allowed 2 every 4-6 hours & I took only 2). Switched to laying on my right side, didn't help the pain got so bad, around midnight I was screaming and crying on the side of the bed. The pain was awful!

Yesterday, I kept up the pain med schedule of 2 every 4-6 hours and as long as I was medicated and in bed I was fine. Today, my hands, feet and knees are swollen, but I don't hurt as bad as I was. Not sure if this is surgery related pain or Fibromyalgia.

Any suggestions?


FYI, I still have over 1/2 the meds I was given upon my discharge, so I am not abusing my medication.

No comments: