Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fireplace in August

Hubby came home the other day and I was bundled up with heavy socks and my robe under the electric blanket. My hands and feet were like four frozen blocks of ice. I couldn't get them warm.

I also cannot light the fireplace because of my surgical restrictions, so I asked Jerry to light the fireplace. Of course he laughed because I said no more fireplace between May and October, but I could not get warm.
The reasons behind my hands and feet being so cold is my surgery and if I sit up a tad bit to long, I am cutting the circulation off to my extremities. Of course, this is getting better, but I have about 30 minutes to 45 before it happens. In the beginning it was happening within 10 minutes of getting up.
I just love the insert and I love seeing a glowing fire in the fireplace when the glass doors are all nice and crystal clear! But...............I still would like to see some sun, the house has to be painted!



No comments: