Monday, August 17, 2009

Quick Breakfast Idea's For School

We are blessed to live where we do, in the summer I can put up Raspberries, Strawberries and Blueberries when I am able and freeze them for the upcoming year and it is way so much cheaper than buying them at the store.

I wanted to share with you two very quick and nutritious breakfasts for kids that are so simple to make and not much mess. I have a Bullet blender (the original) and I love it. It is truly amazing to be able to make each child their own smoothie or know when one leaves some behind, whose it is by the colored rings. I must say the Magic Bullet was one of the best I saw it on TV items ever!

Berry Smoothie:
I use the large blender for this and it makes a lot:
1 banana peeled and cut
1 container Yoplait Thick and Creamy Yogurt (it really does make a difference) in vanilla or your choice of berry flavors.
1 tablespoon wheat germ
1 pint of thawed berries
1/4 cup of milk

Place all ingrediants in the blender and blend until it is of the consistency of a thick shake. Serve to the kids in glasses. This gives them plenty of nutrients and it will keep them full until lunch time!

Banana Split Oatmeal:

1 package plain instant oatmeal or a pan of your favorite plain oatmeal
Fresh cut strawberries or a tablespoon of strawberry all fruit
Chocolate chips (I add about 4-6 per bowl)

Cook the oatmeal and while hot, add the chocolate chips until melted. Remove from stove add strawberries and banana and eat while warm. You can add a bit of milk or cream to this, but I find it perfect without and the kids love it!

No comments: