Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Robbing A Church Is Just Wrong!

I am asking anyone that reads this to take time to say a prayer for my church here in Aberdeen, Cornerstone Church. I was just informed by my pastor the church was robbed sometime late Saturday evening. There is substantial damage to approximately six of the doors, $390 were stolen and some other damage that I am not aware of.

We have a very small church and a $1000 deductable on damages. Pastor Larry told me he believe with the wonderful men we have at the church donating man power, we may not reach the $1000 deductible, but it is still a hard hit to our small church.

I was told, the persons didn't take any of our equipment, so praise God for that, but it still is a bit unnerving when you think people will steal from a church. The church was being repainted by 2 wonderfully dedicated ladies and was really nice. It saddens me that someone could be so disrespectful.

It is my prayers that whoever did this, need the money much more that our church did and I know the pastors would not want me to think badly, but to forgive.

If you feel led to send our church a card to pick up their spirits or a few dollars to help alleviate the burden, I know they would feel blessed and you would receive a blessing! The address is:

Cornerstone Community Church 2008 Sumner Avenue Aberdeen, WA 98520.

No comments: