Monday, August 31, 2009

When Saying Sorry, Just Isn't Enogh

If you have been following my blog for any time at all, then you may have stumbled onto one of the blogs I have been following: Kim Has Cancer, detailing the battle that Kim Miller and her family have been fighting for a long time with Kim's colon cancer.

It is with the saddest tears that I tell you today, that Kim has passed away. I am not sad for Kim who gave it her all and then some and is now resting peacefully in Gods arms with angel wings or as my granddaughter asked me today...what does Kim look like and when I told her she was an angel, she replied: 'Oh, she's beautiful.'

Kim was a beautiful, wonderful, loving wife and mother. I only met her once, but I worked with her husband Deron Miller when I was a police dispatcher and Deron was our motor sergeant. Deron loved Kim with all of his heart and soul and they had the most wonderful and sweet children.

Deron will be surrounded for a long time by family on all sides and his children will be blessed to have them, but nothing will ever take the place of Kim in their hearts and minds. Kim was simply the most dignified, wonderful, spirit filled lady I have ever seen battle the monster of cancer.

I you would like to send the family hugs and prayers, you can click on my right side bar and leave a comment at Kim Has Cancer, or you can send the family a real snail mail card to:
Sergeant Deron Miller
c/o Goodyear Police Department
P.O. Box 5100
Goodyear, Arizona 85338

May you hold your family a little tighter today, tell them more often you love them and never take any of them for granted. Life is to short.

Kim, I know you will be a light over your family forever.

No comments: