Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Pillow For A Little Princess


This is obviously not finished yet, but it will be by tomorrow evening. I decided to make pillows for each of my granddaughters that live near Olympia so they can have something pretty for their room and that will fit each ones personality. This one when complete will be for the youngest because she loves pink!
The nice thing is that I had all the fabric at the house. The center piece was a chunk left over from another projectand the inner border squares all came from scraps off of Diva girls flip-flop quilt.
The nice thing about this project is I have everything already on hand from the fabric and batting to the pink fleece back it will have and the thread. The entire project was completed with everything I already on hand so it fits in with my destashing for 2010.
I really think I am going to like making things with what I have on hand and revisiting some patterns and fabrics I have been wanting to do for a long time. I have several adorable ocean/fish lap sized quilts and I can't wait to start them.
In the meantime, keep me posted and let me know what you are doing with some of your excess fabrics. For those of you wanting fabric, I am having another destashing giveaway in February, so I already know some of my February giveaway gifts!

No comments: