Saturday, January 16, 2010

Seeing My Other Grandchildren

I was supposed to go watch my oldest granddaughter that lives about an hour away, play basketball today, but unfortunately my Yahoo directions were wrong and I got very lost. By the time I turned around, I called their mom and told her I was lost. Seems there wasn't a game today anyway, but she had gone to wait for me.
Since the kids and I had driven that far, she agreed to meet us at a local eatery (Mickey D's). When they arrived, we were already eating, so I bought the girls something to eat as well. I was so happy to see them and wanted to hug them, but being this is all new to them, I didn't want to overwhelm them with hugs and kisses.
Here is the youngest of the two Araya. She loves to dress in all pink, has a fantastic smile and just a real sweetheart. All the kids took very quickly to each other and add in the digital camera the grands brought and it was a perfect fit.

We ate at Mickey D's and then went to DQ across the street as they have a playground but being that it was raining, they wouldn't open it today since it was outside.

My ex-DIL's mom got the kids all kid cones and that kept them busy for all of about ummmmmmmmmm 5 minutes! This one is of Sarah and she just has the most contagious smile ever. She loves science and is into sports and seems happy.

At the end, Sarah asked what she should call me & I told her Ranny of course. Long story and I won't go into it here, but my son raised Sarah as his own for the first 4 or 5 years of her life.

It broke my heart to hear them both make comments about my son, but I know they were small when things were going on, both parents were on drugs and had issues and these 2 beautiful little girls have had to pay the price.

It is my fervent prayer that someday soon, they will be able to come over this way to visit us for a great playday and maybe even spend the night in the future.

We will see how this plays out, I am proceeding with caution but for now, very happy to be able to see these girls once again!










3 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great day!!!

Quiltingranny said...

Aside from the rage I heard from her hubby when I was talking to her the rest was fine. His anger scared me!

~Niki~ said...

what a fun day. those are great pictures!