So, today, I will head out to my local quilt shop and find some backing material that matches this and it will be finished by this evening since I have been blessed to have the day off for the first day off in a few weeks. I am enjoying having the windows open today and being able to go out and get some new fabric. I will only get enough to finish the back as I don't need extra. I am still involved in the 2010 Destashing project!
Now that will be done, I will be working on a Christmas quilt from an old 'Stitch 'N Sew Quilts magazine from August 1993 called Brick Streets of Moline & it was created by Carol Scherer.
I could have cut it using the strip method, but I don't think I would have gotten the great mixture I did. It requires cutting 400 2 1/2" x 5" pieces and I cut so many, that I am actually going to have enough to make 2 quilts.
The other fabrics you see are for the orphan quilt project I am working on in Sierra Leone. These are all older orphans and require making twin sized quilts. I would love help if someone out there wants to make 1 or 2 simple quilts and send them my way!
This last picture of the day shows my cutting table as it looks right now. I am sooooooooooooo embarrassed at the utter chaos and mess it is in, but that opens up some ideas for a quick giveaway. So, stay watching, because you may win some stash fabric!