Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thanks to Hip Chick

I found these questions over at Hip Chicks and I hope she didn't mind that I answered them as well!

*What did you do in 2010 that you had never done before?

Flew in a little tiny hop plane.
*Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Some I kept and others I didn’t fare at too well and yes I have 2 for 2011 instead of 10 in 2010.

*Did someone close to you give birth?
yes, my daughter-in-law
*Did anyone close to you die?

Both my mom and dad (Breast Cancer and Lou Gehrigs) and 2 wonderful friends!
None
*What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Centralized heat

*What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb. 10, the day my mom passed away…no explanation needed!

*What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Destashing a ton of fabric and seeing people smile at work more!
*What was your biggest failure(s)?

not losing and keeping weight off
*Did you suffer illness or injury?

Both

*What was the best thing you bought?
My treadmill
*Whose behavior merited celebration?

My son Adam who has Aspergers
*Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
If I told you, I would have to kill you!

*Where did most of your money go?
Bills, firewood, food
*What did you get really, really, really excited about?

A new job!

*Compared to this time last year, are you...i. happier or sadder?
Sadder in so many ways…depressed actually

*Thinner or fatter?
about the same.
*Richer or poorer?

about the same.

*What do you wish you'd done more of?
Listening to my heart and mind and not let others mold me into their idea of who I should be!

*What do you wish you'd done less of?
Driving
*How did you spend Christmas?

At home with family and our best friend John, watching the kids and being lazy!
*Did you fall in love in 2010?
I fall in love everyday

*What was your favorite TV program?
As a retired police dispatcher…Criminal Minds and Without A Trace.
*Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I still don’t hate anybody. Dislike a few people….
*What was the best book you read?
Joyce Meyers, Eat the Cookie, Buy the Shoes

*What was your greatest musical discovery?
My granddaughters can play and are exceptional at guitar and piano
*What did you want and not get (yet)?

Good Health

*Favorite film of this year?
Toy Story 3
*What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

54. Went to Oregon with the family and had a great time!
*What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Better Health
*How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Business boring and wrapped in barbed wire1

*What kept you sane?
My family and friends
*Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

None, they are fancy enough without my admiration
*What political issue stirred you the most?

Healthcare bill
*Who do you miss?

My mom and my son Justin
*What do you miss?

Having room to move around in and a yard
*Who was the best new person you met?

Lorna
*Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
That no matter how crabby or ugly I can be at times, my family loves me in spite of myself

*Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Baby Why Don’t We Just Dance, because when all is said and done, if you don’t dance, you’ll just feel sorry for yourself, so dance through life at your own pace!

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed... I hope that you feel better soon.