Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Have You Ever Felt...Cursed?

I don't mean have you ever felt the sting of someone cursing at you, but that nothing you try to do ever comes out right? That no matter what, you always feel a heaviness around you? That while you are praying to God and being your best, that someone else is doing all they can to undo your faith and joy?

I am not paranoid, but I am a realist. I know there are people in my life who do not like me, who are posers pretending to be nice to me but stab me in the back, smile at me and then walk away doing all they can to make my life unbearable. These people while doing these things talk about how much they attend church, how they forgive, how they are Christians and all the while, they are doing all they can to drag me and my family through the muck and the mire.

We all know people like this, I wish we didn't and at times I try to make sense out of why, but it gives me a migraine. Some people just want to wreck havoc in our lifes because they derive some sense of pleasure out of it. I don't get it and probably never will.

However, I want you to know that Jesus takes away that curse against us, and gives us blessings according to Galatians 3:13-14, 'Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree") that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus that we might received the promise of the spirit through faith.'

If we just open the Bible everyday and spend time in His word, we will break whatever bondages we feel are hindering us, we will be able to feel peaceful and that heaviness will fall away. Yes, there may be those that will choose to pray to God to befall us with something bad, however, I am always mindful of these two things in the word:

1. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, For He is with me!! What greater peace and promise do we have but that He is always with us.

2. Greater is He that is In Me, than he that is in the world. Sorry, I do not know the scripture for this one.

The one thing we must do daily and I have taken to doing this with the grands during the school year (I should do it every day, but school year is very important) and that is, we always put on the Armour of God before leaving the house everyday and we pray on the way to school.

What greater blessing do we have and protection from the enemy than the Armour of God? However, if we do not get into His word and learn to speak His word over our enemies and in peace and love, we cannot expect to lift the heaviness off our shoulders.

I hope this post makes sense today, I feel I am bouncing around a bit, but I also feel very led by the Holy Spirit to tell you that falling on our knees is the best way to feel better and release those feelings we have!

Always, always remember, while people may dislike us, may wish for bad things to befall us, we must still be civil to them and show them Christs love and that God doesn't rain misfortunes down on us at the request of others.

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

Candace said...

There is a lot of wisdom in this post. Thanks so much for sharing it. You are right that God doesn't rain down misfortunes on us at the request of others! We should bless those that curse us and always put on the full armour of God so that we can live the victorious life that God has planned for us.