Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Is For Scripture...

For that matter, everyday in our home is time for scripture. Sometimes I think I am over loaded by it and others I feel like I am forgetting it totally. I wake up each morning and pray before my feet hit the floor. I have some cards on my nightstand I read as well. I even have a prayer closet, though lately my back and knee hurt so I can't sit on the floor, so I read at my desk while drinking my coffee.

I just saw this posting over at Ramblings of a Christian Mom. I can't get the picture she has to save, so I am just going to add my favorite scripture here:

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NKJV) 'No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.'

I have long stood strong on this verse, believing it means God only gives each of us what HE knows we can handle!

Have a blessed Sunday


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that! Thanks for following, I'm returning the favor. :)

Quiltingranny said...

Thanks Chloe, you were an inspiration!