Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fast Approaching 2012

We are quickly approaching 2012 and while I do not usually and will not this year make resolutions. However, I do make a list of things I would like to change or improve upon and I go over that list periodically to see how I am doing.

I have done good in some areas, and will have to try again next year in other areas.  It is just one of those things.  Life tends to get in the way at times like loosing not one, but two jobs this year, finding out I have a hearing loss and require hearing aid(s), working almost two hours away from my family and the one thing that tossed me this year was being kicked out of my ladies bible study that I enjoyed so much.

I have improved on my spending habits and almost have my car fully paid off. I tried couponing this year but when you can't double coupons and only have a few stores to choose it is hard, so I try to purchase sale items and build around those.

I have stuck to charity quilting and last count, I had donated over 20 quilts.  I am not sure if I will continue at this pace in 2012 believing I can sell some to help my family out.  On that note, I do try to purchase handmade items as much as possible and try not to purchase things made in China which is becoming more difficult.

I won lots of giveaways this year and will continue playing in 2012.  I am looking to change around my blog so it looks neater and I am going to be starting tutorials soon on....(well, you will have to come back and see).

For 2012 I am looking for companies to do product reviews on that are family and grandparent friendly, I am looking for bloggers that would love to donate a handmade item for giveaway, be a guest blogger and share your handmade items, stores, blog with all of us.  If you have a tutorial, I want to see it!

I am looking for someone who knows how to put my blog address back into my blog button, it disappeared awhile back, so the button is kind of dead, but still here.  Also, if you know how to place buttons on a blog and make them all nice and neat looking instead of willy nilly, let me know.

I am still hoping that Dyson, Shark, Oreck or one of the better vacuum cleaner companies will take pity on me and donate a vacuum I can review so my house can finally be clean again instead of my having to sit on the floor and vacuum with my current vacuum.

As always, if you donate to my blog, your name and website will go on my sidebar for a full year.

I am also rethinking my health as I go into 2012 very over weight!

Nope, no resolutions, just a plan of improvement!

1 comment:

Dogmom Diva said...

I am also glad to see 2011 go by the wayside..aside from our first grandchild being born in May, the rest of the year was in the dumper..old age ain't for sissies..I hope 2012 brings us both a peaceful feeling and the strength to plod along...
take care,
Barb