Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Grandmothers Acceptance

I have had a lot of time to reflect over the past year on the things that I see changing in our world and while my belief system may clash with yours, I thought I would post some of the things as a grandmother I must accept:

1- I must accept there was a reason God made young people parents.  I love my grandchildren dearly, but raising a family at a time when hubs and I should be planning for retirement and taking vacations isn't for wimps!

2-I must accept the fact that Extreme Home Make-Over is not coming to my house to say, 'Kester family, come on out!' No matter how much I dream they will!

3-I must accept the fact that hubs and I will never be able to take our grands to Disneyland and this seems to bother me more than them!

4- I must accept the fact that while there are federal regulations in place to stop discrimination from happening, if you have been laid off, are over the age of 40, have any type of disability, you will NOT be offered a job!

5- I must accept the fact that the morals, standards and values this country has so proudly stood for and on are eroding at a quick pace and we are so two faced, we can't see it.  We claim pride in being an American and then buy everything we can made in China.

6- I must accept the fact that once again I may have to leave my family to find a job and that breaks my heart because living in a small town there is no place for a non-native to find work!

7- I must accept the fact that I am getting older and some days feel every bit of 80 though I know 90 year olds who feel younger than I do.

8-I must accept the fact that when I believed in my heart that God was leading my family to Washington, I may have gotten my wires crossed because it wasn't supposed to be this hard!

9- I must accept the fact that in the past 5 years I have neglected myself, my needs, my body so much that I have allowed my Fibromyalgia to take over and inflict pain upon me.

10- I must accept the fact that no amount of cheap hair dye is going to keep those gray hairs off my head!

We are rounding the corner quickly on 2012, what things have you learned to accept the facts on this year?  Please tell me I am not the only one feeling that life has been more of a struggle in 2011 than ever!

However, if 2011 was the best year of your life, let me know that as well.  I am definitely believing 2012 will be amazing!

No comments: