Sunday, January 1, 2012

20 Ways To Reflect on 2011

I love Dayspring and just found this on their web-site, feel free to copy and paste to your blog and add your own reflections...here are mine:


20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? My husband and best friend never gave up on me when I lost my job and encouraged me to keep me going!
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? Discovering I have a hearing loss and knowing I can't change it, have no control over it and must learn to accept it. Which, I so far have not done!
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? Getting to see our granddaughter Emerald and bringing her home for an overnight visit with her Papa!
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? Being told I couldn't continue my ladies Bible Study which I loved so much...this crushed my heart!
5. Pick three words to describe 2011. Glad It's Over!
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2011 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you). Dedicated, Bitchy, Tenacious!
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2011 (again, without asking). Cold, Wet and Tiring!
8. What were the best books you read this year? Bible, Eat the Cookies, Buy the Shoes
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships? Husband, Best Friend John, Suzi, Kirsten, Pat, Lisa G's and Avie!
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? That I became very depressed, gained lots of weight and have no ambition anymore...I have simply, lost my joy!
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? I was able to dump alot of years of garbage out of my life and feel lighter and have more understanding of why I am the way I am at times!
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? I have learned to put my faith and trust in God because Christians will hurt you!
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically? By the pound!
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? I have had to learn to be careful what I say to people they don't always like my opinions and that alone taught me that if we have to be wary of our words with our relationships, we probably need to get out of that and find others who accept us just the way we are!
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)? I lost 2 jobs this year, so most enjoyable was probably knowing I would be hired for the second job and at home, just being able to sit with hubby and kids at night and spend time as a family!
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)? Work was trying to learn a new dispatch center in 8 weeks and home was being away from my family during those 8 weeks!
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? The internet!
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year? Making quilts for those in need!
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? That just because someone is a pastor doesn't mean they do what is right or Christ like!
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2011 for you. Extremely draining on me physically and mentally!

1 comment:

autumnesf said...

Wish I had been reading blogs when you did this - its a good one. Hoping your 2012 is wonderful!