Monday, June 4, 2012

Violet Garden Quilt Completed

I finished the Violet Gardens Prayer Quilt and decided to take it outside and take a photo of it since I am alone today.  I think it looks really nice up against my purple house and sitting in the chair.

I love the colors I used in this and the added bit of pink really made it stand out. The binding is a beautiful white eyelet fabric with small purple flowers just giving it that awesome finishing touch.

I did a scrappy back wanting to use as many colors as I had on the front to complete the look.  It also has a combination of hand quilting and machine quilting in a variety of patterns.

This is actually a prayer quilt, so when you are sitting up alone reading your bible, or on your knees praying, you can wrap it around you to keep from getting a chill.  As many of you know, all of my quilts are prayed over, for whoever receives them to be blessed.
Later today, I will being working on my Pockets of Violets quilt which will be a bit smaller and have pockets on it for things such as a pen, pad of paper, prayer cards, etc.  I won't be able to finish it, but working on it makes me happy!

3 comments:

NanaNor's said...

I just love this quilt-you've got my favorite colors in it. Have to say, I too always pray over my quilts and love that you do as well. You really inspire me and with the warm weather, I need inspiration to get on a move with a baby quilt for my daughter's first son(she has 4 girls). I've got time because she is due in mid-Sept. but the summer will fly by.
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Noreen

barbara woods said...

wonderful quilt

Sara said...

Really pretty! It looks so fresh and summery. And the picture of the quilt in the chair on your porch just says "Welcome!".