Sunday, July 29, 2012

Aurora Says Thank You

Here is a wonderful short but sweet Email I received from the Aurora Communications Center.  I think it is important for everyone to see that we are making a difference and if you can't quilt, I am taking donations for postage and just had a request from several quilters to help with postage.

I am only one person, I cannot do this on my own, but together we can all do it, one quilt and $1 at a time.

'Jean - Wow! I can not even express my gratitude to you and all those that are doing this for us. The outpouring of love and support has been overwhelming! I don't have an exact number of first responders yet - I will work on getting that for you. Please keep in touch!!'

This was sent from Julie Buck of the Aurora Communications center.  This is real people, it is not a scam to steal your money or quilts, it is a concentrated effort to reach out to those in the line of fire, those wounded and those that lost family members.

Please, help where you can! 

2 comments:

jennifer robin said...

Jean, I don't know about you, but it makes me feel really good to be part of this effort!!

My quilt is almost finished, and I am pretty sure I will ship out tomorrow!! Yeah!!

jennifer robin said...

Hey Jean!! I finished my quilt!! Not sure how to send you a picture on this sight, so I will e-mail you, or you can see it on my blog!!

jen-saia.blogspot.com/jennifer's creations