Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Angels Are Rare, But They Do Exist

Amidst the daily running for sports practices and dealing with pneumonia right now, my hubby being sick and my son missing and appearing and missing again, I am blessed to have seen Gods angels work here on earth the past few days.

First and foremost the amazing, selfless, caring, compassionate police officer I came to know by first name only of Levi from Port Orford, OR could only have been an angel of God dropped purposely where he was for my son. 

This man could have shuttled my son into Crescent City, California where he would have gotten lost, instead he placed him in someone's care to keep an eye on him.  When that didn't work and my son didn't show up to meet Levi the next day, he continued to look for him until he found him.

When he did, he worked to get him on the bus to Brookings, Oregon and he got the bus driver to drop him off at the front door of the mission and made sure the mission could take him.

I promised him if he would get there, I would send someone to visit him...Angel #2.

He made it to Brookings and as you read earlier, bagged the bus and took off.

However this morning at 0715 he made it to the mission albeit drunker than a skunk and while they could have told him no room at the inn....they instead kept their promise to me and Levi.

They took him in, gave him food to eat, a hot shower and a place to sleep.

Around 1130, my friend K being the angel she is, went to the mission and met with my son. He was in shock that I actually knew someone and sent  them to see him and I think it made him feel very good that she cared enough about him to not only visit, but take him a back pack with clean clothes.

K put him on the phone...'hey mom, I am sorry.  Your friend is really nice mom, thank you for having her check on me mom.'  He then gave her back the phone and went to bed.

Oh Lord how I would love him to stay where he is and get the help he needs,but he is detemined to go back to the streets in California.  Tomorrow if all goes well, he will get on the bus in Brookings and head to Medford where I will have to call ahead so they know to watch out for him because he has to change busses.

What is so amazing about all this is that God is in control. He could have put my son in an area where the homless are hurt for being homeless, he could have put him in a large town where no one cared.

Instead, He put him in a small coastal town with a caring officer and as close to my friend as possible.

God is Good!

3 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

What a blessing and yes there are Angels out there. You are not alone, I had a family member who lived on the streets and I'm shocked he is still alive....and he's not on the streets any more.

Hugs to you!

Kelly

Mhairi said...

I hope this all works out for you. I enjoy reading your blog and was thinking about what a positive person you are. Then I scrolled down to the next post in my reader and saw an amazing quote. "Be the sun on a cloudy day" This is what your attitude to life is, you show me how to be happy even when things aren't going well. So thank you for being my sun on a cloudy day and I hope that your week becomes warm, bright and happy.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I so glad to hear your son is safe.