Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I Am Free! Well, Not Quite

There is an amazing song by Newsboys called, 'I Am Free.' At my old church when the part came about being free, the young people of our church would run, dance and worship, it was amazing.

Part of the song goes: 'I am free to run, I am free to dance,' I love this song and when my doctor took my stitches out today and said I can wash my foot in a few more days and I can put on a shoe as tolerated and begin putting weight on my foot.

Well, I wanted to shout these words so out loud!  I am free!!
But then I knew he would think I would overdo and probably cancel my freedom.

So, I came home and decided, I need a nap and what better time to put my shoe on and see how it feels.  

My plans for today:
  • Have lunch
  • Put my shoe on
  • Take a nap
  • Use my walker with shoe on to put light weight on my foot
You know I was blessed to have my pastor pick me up and then I found out his son is actually one of the practicing physicians where I go and his biggest disappointment is patients NOT listening to what the Dr. tells them.

Yes, I am free to do as I want. But with freedom comes  a huge responsibility and that is to do as the doctor says or I may lose my freedom for longer than I want to.

I made it when I initially broke my ankle living alone with 3 little ones and help from neighbors...lets see that was 8 weeks in a cast, 3 more months in a boot and months of physical therapy that I did not like.  But I did what I was told.

I can do this, it will be a piece of cake!

Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and support!
  •  

No comments: