Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Small Finish For Halloween

Pumpkin Divas Halloween 2013

I first saw this pattern by Linda Sullivan in McCalls Quilting Magazine 2006 and knew one day, someday, I would make this adorable little quilt.  Then, a few weeks later, I was in the hospital with a broken ankle, we sold our home, we moved, things were packed in storage and before I knew it, seven years had passed!

My granddaughter chose the musical note fabric since she and her sister play several instruments, it just was the right choice for the background and glasses.

The flowers were part of a flannel fabric I had left over, so I cut them out, instead of star buttons, I used butterflies and one small star and had the candy corn fabric left from a project done for a friend last year.

I put a sleeve on the back, however, I realized after that my quilt rack rod does not remove from the rack, so I had to tie it over the rod, but it doesn't change how cute this was and it is another finish so I am happy!

None of us seem to know where the little haunted house came from, who gave it to us, but it is really cute, the lights come on, the eyes blink on and off and the man in the tunnel turns.

Happy Halloween and I can't wait to put up more fall stuff!

No comments: