Thursday, October 24, 2013

The 411 On Strip Quilting

When I strip quilt, I use linen or another strong fabric for the backing and never seem to have enough. However, Snoodles over at Lily Pad Quilting has come up with a rather ingenious way to strip quilt/paper piece, save the environment from a glut of telephone books and save money all at the same time.

I am not going to post her idea here, I am just going to encourage you to follow the link to Lily Pad Quilting to see her amazing tutorial on how she does it.

Now, I have to make sure I have some of those telephone books delivered to my house!

 

1 comment:

pcflamingo said...

Bonnie Hunter (of Quiltville) does the same thing. And then when I'm ready to tear the paper off, I take a big stack upstairs to do while I'm watching TV. You give the block a crosswise wrench and the paper comes loose really easily (because you shortened your stitch length). I keep a paper bag or my recycling bin close by to toss the paper scraps in. I still have to vacuum afterwards - my aim apparently isn't that great.