Thursday, October 31, 2013

Granite Mountain Hotshot Families

I am not big on receiving thanks from family members or those that we help. My prayer is that by blessing these people in need, they will in turn bless someone else and pay it forward down the road and I don't need to know about it.

But, I have to admit, it warms my heart beyond measure when they send me a picture of them with the quilt, or their family member and the Warneke family is doing that by reaching out with a scholarship fund set up in Billy's name and a soon to be up and running website/non-profit to help others.

I wanted to share with you a picture of the family for all of those who made quilts for one or more of them:

 Also, if you would like to check out what is going on and what the Sean Misner family is doing, please check it out at:
https://www.facebook.com/SeanMisnerMemorial

Through their pain and tragedy, these are just two of the families that have turned this into blessing others and I am proud to know that their sons, husbands, brothers, uncles, grandsons memories will live on to help others.

It is in my opinion when we do nothing with the sudden loss of a loved one, that it becomes tragic, but these families are not allowing the light to go out of their lives, but making that light shine brightly for others!

No comments: