Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pre-Printed Quilting Patterns, Have You Tried Them?

As many of you know, I do not own a long arm machine, I do not own a short arm machine, a quilting table, a quilting frame or anything else that is on my dream list. 

However, I do all my machine quilting FMQ (Free Motion Quilting) just coming up with the ideas as I am working on the specific quilt and I always incorporate a few things into my quilts such as the recipients name, siblings or perhaps mom & dad love them, something woven into the design that only I know is there.

It is fun to let them know and see if they can find it. Out of the 11 grand children's names that I wove into hubbies quilt, he has only been able to find one and I told him, they are all on the border.

Last week I ordered a roll of  adhesive backed, tear away pre-printed strips of scallops from Quilting Made Easy.
The roll arrived very quickly and it has 26' of a large clamshell design and I can't wait to try it today.


You press it on, stitch on the lines and then tear the paper away.  I am hoping I can do this as I really am going to use it as a teaching tool to do more FMQ.

I know many of you have EQ7's, fancy machines that you can program your design into, pantograph's etc. and you do the most amazing beautiful work.  However, I have a simple Singer machine and an embroidery foot and all I do is drop the feed dogs and away I sew.

I would love to know if any of you have ever tried this type of pattern and what your experience was with this product?
 

No comments: